Monday, November 22, 2010

Response to Rigsby's Eval On Kool Aid

I agree with Alex on all points regarding the demonstration speech. I think she picked a highly interesting topic, on that is both unique and grabs the viewer’s attention. She did a good job of breaking down the speaker’s points and habits, offering good praises and critiques. Alex did a great job of understanding the content the speaker was embodying and she gave feedback that was understandable to people of all different audiences. I think the kool aid presentation was informational, and the facts it provided are ones that could be used in everyday life to accomplish the task of making a beverage for oneself or friends. My only criticisms of the speaker along with what Alex said, would be to speak up and not look at her note cards so often. The delivery and pronunciation of a speaker is crucial when giving a speech, and by fine-tuning that aspect, Lori can make a better presentation and more of an impact on her audience. Also, by becoming better acquainted and more prepared with her material, I think she would have had to look at her note cards a little less, making more time for eye contact with the audience. Eye contact is very important, and the less one has to look at a piece of pre-prepared literature, the more educated they seem on the topic which they are speaking about. Overall, I think Lori did a great job with her speech, and likewise I think Alex did a great job in picking this topic and breaking the speech down. For a better speech in the future I would pay close attention to the few suggestions Alex and I made, and I think that Lori would have a rock solid presentation on how to prepare kool aid for yourself or your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment