Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Response to Greg's Blog

         I found Greg’s blog to be interesting and educational. I thought the video link included in his blog was very informational and well put together. I would agree with everything he says about the demonstration video. The questions posed at the beginning of the video are important in the investing process and keep you interested throughout the process. The other thing that Greg points out is the fact about the online stock websites, which is also pointed out in the video. I think this is maybe the most important suggestion in the “how to” film, and one that many people may not consider without the guidance provided in the short video. The final point Greg agrees with that is pointed out in the video is how many shares a person should invest in. This is a good point and a key idea to point out because I personally would not have known what to do from that standpoint without the guidance from the video. Greg does a good job of pointing out money management while still being able to purchase a share if they want one.
         Lastly, I agree with Greg’s point about the monotone voice in the video. Although the video was interesting and informational, it was somewhat boring, mainly because of the tone of the speaker. I think that had the speaker been a bit more engaging and had he spoken in a more enthusiastic manner, I think the video would have been more intriguing to the audience. I think the tone of the speaker is extremely important when trying to get through to one’s audience, and in the case of this video, I believe the speaker fell far short of delivering in that department.
         Overall I think Greg’s video was a good example of a demonstration speech, and it is one that I would suggest if someone were looking to learn more about investing in stock.

No comments:

Post a Comment