Sunday, October 31, 2010

Critique of How To Speech

I thought that in my “How To” speech I did a good job of demonstrating the task I was presenting. I felt that I spoke clearly and explained the steps of the process I was instructing to the class. I felt my presentation was well organized and easy to follow, addressing the steps of taping a stick and showing how to do it.

In my presentation I think I could have done a better job looking at the audience. I was occupied with taping the stick and feel I could have done a better job making eye contact while speaking. I also think that saying “um” and raising my voice at the end of some of my sentences took away from the speech. I feel that by eliminating those errors from my presentation the speech would have flow a bit more naturally and would have made the presentation sound more professional. I think that when speaking the delivery of ones speech is highly important in keeping the attention of ones audience, and by eliminating those blunders from my speech the presentation would have gone more smoothly.
Overall I believe that my presentation was well organized and I did a good job connecting with my audience. I feel that I picked an interesting topic and did a good job in explaining the steps and process to help one successfully tape a stick before a hockey game. I think my speech was informative and helpful for people interested in learning to tape and stick, and I think that people learned how to be successful if they would like to tape a stick at some point. In the future I would go about presenting in the same manner, but eliminate a few bad habits from the speech. When presenting next time I will focus more on the delivery of my words, and my eye contact with those who I am speaking to.

No comments:

Post a Comment